IDAHO — KIVI is proud to provide credible, high-quality, excellent journalism to our community viewers. This weekend, we were honored to learn we won 17 "Best Of" 2019 Idaho Press Club Awards in several different categories, including:
- General Excellence
- Best Evening News Program (Travis Drake – KIVI – “Government Shutdown team coverage, liquor licenses and North Fork championship”, and Natasha Williams - KIVI – “6 On Your Side at 6 p.m.)
- Best Watchdog/Investigative Report (Madeline White – KIVI – “Faith-Based Recovery Program Questionnaire”)
- Best Morning News Program (Good Morning Idaho)
- Best TV Live Shot (Jillian Garrigues, Morgan McCollum, "Toys for Tots" 2019)
- TV Series (Madeline White – KIVI – “State of 208: Affordable housing crisis leads to rise in first-time homelessness in Boise”)
- Weathercast (Rachel Garceau)
- Arts and Entertainment Report -- KIVI won all three top awards in this category: including (1st) “King of the Road” by Steve Bertel, Don Nelson, and Doug Lock-Smith, (2nd) “Finding Hope: Sober rehearsal space ‘Boise Hive’ helps musicians maintain recovery from opioids” by Madeline White, and (3rd) “Made in Idaho: Zeppelin Balloons” by Jillian Garrigues and Morgan McCollum.
- Consumer Report (Jillian Garrigues, Morgan McCollum – KIVI – “Made in Idaho: Sun Flour Mill")
- Crime/Court Report (Doug Lock-Smith, McKenna King – KIVI – “Death Row Inmate Thomas Creech”)
- Spot News Report (Jessica Taylor, Madeline White - KIVI - "Idaho must provide gender confirmation surgery to inmate”)
- Television Writing, Single Story (Madeline White – KIVI – “Boiseans experiencing homelessness start running club, helps man stay sober”)
Thank you for trusting with your stories, and allowing us to provide the news that matters to you.