The Sharps Fire burning six miles east of Bellvue has grown to nearly 100 square miles.
Officials say the 63,901-acre fire is 44% contained and is burning timber, grass, and brush. The nearly 500 firefighters are now fighting the fire in rugged terrain but authorities say the cooler weather will help.
The following roads are closed:
- Muldoon Canyon Road is closed from EE-DA-HO Ranch (east of Bellevue) to Hunt Road.
- Little Wood Reservoir Road is closed at the reservoir.
- High Five
- Baugh Creek
- Bay Horse
- Hunt Road
- Quigley and Slaughterhouse Creek Road are closed where the pavement ends.
- East Fork Road is closed at Triumph.
Pre-evacuation is still in effect for residents in these areas:
- North and East of the intersection of Buttercup Road and Myrtle Street in Hailey
- Old Cutters/Buttercup Subdivision
- South Hiawatha
- North Hiawatha Red Devil
- Indian Creek
- Valley Club
- Ohio Gulch
- East Fork
The Central Idaho man authorities say started the fire by shooting at exploding targets was charged earlier this week.