Improvements at Bogus Basin means a piece of the resort could soon become a piece of your home!
The Morning Star Chair Lift has been transporting guests up the slopes of Bogus Basin for more than 50 years, but now the organization is preparing to replace the lift with a Dopplemayr High Speed Quad Chair Lift.
After announcing the upgrades, resort leaders say the community sparked an interest in purchasing the old chairs, so they'll be hitting the auction block to raise money to help fund year-round activities on the mountain.
"We feel that the auction is the fairest way to basically set a price, and we know $300 is low so we'll set it there and then the market will kinda dictate what the prices are," Bogus Basin General Manager Brad Wilson said.
The online auction will open Sunday at 10:00 a.m. and close at 10:00 p.m. Saturday, May 4.
Payment & Pickup Instructions
TERMS OF PURCHASE:
- Chairs are sold “as is”
- Idaho State sales tax will be added to the purchase price
- Chairs must be picked-up at designated pickup times/locations
- You are not guaranteed a specific chair number
- Chairs not picked up at designated times will be made available to a new buyer
HOW TO PICK-UP YOUR CHAIR:
- Transportation of your chair will require a truck or trailer plus at least two people to assist with loading. Chairs will be available for pickup on the mountain on the following date/times:
- Saturday, June 1st from 11:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., or
- Sunday, June 2nd from 11:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Procedures for picking up your chair at Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation Area:
- Auction Frogs receipt required.
- Check in at the Simplot Lodge ticket window upon arrival at the mountain.
- Transportation of your lift chair will require a truck or trailer plus at least two people to assist with loading.
- Bring ropes or straps for securing the chair in the back of your truck or trailer
- Questions for pick-up can be made by emailing email@example.com, (208)332-5100.
- About The Morning Star Chairlift
Morning Star Chairlift Specifics:
Year Installed: 1965
Year Refurbished: 1999
Vertical Rise: 620 ft.
Length: 2,900 ft
Individual Chair Specifics:
Manufacturer: Superior Tramway
Model: Fixed Grip
Total height: 108 in.
Total width: 56 in.
Total depth: 24 in.
Weight: 100 lb.