A Nampa woman who died in a garage fire and explosion has been identified by the Ada County Coroner’s Office.
92-year-old Zarieda Pangus died from thermal injuries due to an accidental garage fire on May 19th.
Officials said the fire was caused by a fuel spill when a family member was working on a lawn mower.
Pangus stepped into the garage to see what was happening when she heard explosions after the fuel was ignited.
An off-duty firefighter attempted to help the woman, but she was engulfed in flames. She was transported to the hospital and died a short time later.