BOISE, Idaho — Bogus Basin announced the start of the 2020-2021 season is set for Friday, November 27. For the first time in several years, there will be enough snow to operate all ten lifts on opening day.
“This has been Bogus Basin’s lucky year for early snowstorms, and snowmaking conditions,” said General Manager Brad Wilson. “It’s pretty amazing to be opening this early with great coverage throughout the area.”
Bogus Basin says the opening holiday weekend is limited to season pass holders only. There will be no lift tickets available for purchase on opening weekend.
“We want to thank our season pass holders, and show them how much we appreciate their early and ongoing support during these challenging times,” said Wilson.
The limited access will allow for operational adjustments that have been made due to COVID-19, according to Bogus Basin. After the weekend, the recreational area will close for two days and then be open for seven-day operations.
This year, access to lodge facilities will be limited to takeout food and drinks, restroom access and briefly warming up. Bogus Basin is encouraging visitors to stick to the slopes and "consider their car their base lodge" this season.
The area has invested in large, heated outdoor tents where guests can consume purchased food and beverages, and briefly warm up. Visitors on the mountain will be required to wear face coverings except when eating or drinking in designated places or on the slopes, physically distance and wash or sanitize hands regularly.
An extra hour has been added to night operations and full access season pass sales were limited to encourage visits at non-peak days and times. OVer the summer, Bogus Basin a wide range of practices, successfully protecting guests and employees from the novel coronavirus.
“I can say with certainty that our team has done everything we can to keep our staff and guests safe. Now we need the community’s support. The success of the season depends on our collective willingness to follow our guidelines. It’s that simple,” said Wilson.
BOGUS BASIN 2020-21 WINTER SEASON OPENING WEEKEND PLAN:
- Opening weekend will be Friday, November 27 through Sunday, November 29
- Bogus Basin Season Pass Holders only – no lift tickets available
- Priority family/carpool parking (3+ passengers) will be available
- Parking lot shuttles will operate
- Weekend operating hours are 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
- All chairlifts and surface conveyors will operate
- Frontier Point Lodge will be open with groomed terrain
- J.R. Simplot Lodge will be open for takeout food & beverage service (seating available in heated outdoor tent space near lodge), restroom access, and to briefly warm up
- Pioneer Lodge will be open for takeout food & beverage service (seating available in heated outdoor tent space near lodge), restroom access, and to briefly warm up
- Rental shop will be open – advance, online reservations recommended (season pass holders only)
- The Ski and Snowboard School will be open for private and semi-private lessons, call 208-332-5340 for reservations (season pass holders only)
- The Frontier Point Lodge will be open, bike, ski and snowshoe rentals available (season pass holders only)
- The Tubing Hill will be open – online, advance reservations required
- Downtown sales office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Friday – Sunday
FULL SEASON OPENING:
- Bogus Basin will be closed Monday, November 30 and Tuesday, December 1 to fine-tune operations
- The area will open for seven-day-a-week operations on Wednesday, December 2
- Night Skiing will begin on Saturday, December 12
- The Glade Runner Mountain Coaster will not operate for the 2020-21 winter season
- Know before you go – visit the Bogus Basin website before visiting for operational updates
- Face coverings required at all times, except when eating/drinking in designated areas and/or on the slopes
- Physical distancing required in lift lines, base area, and inside all facilities
- Guests who are not feeling well, exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 are advised to stay home