One year after the Broadway Avenue fire

Posted at 5:13 PM, Nov 25, 2015
and last updated 2015-11-25 19:13:07-05

One year ago on the night before Thanksgiving, flames lit up the Boise night sky.

A strip mall on the 2100 block of Broadway Avenue caught fire resulting in five businesses being completely destroyed.

One of those businesses was Talk of the Town Salon. They not only lost all the tools of the trade, but priceless Boise State football memorabilia.

Cecil and Karr Raphino who owned the salon were devastated at the time but in retrospect can appreciate that ultimately no one was hurt.

In the days following the fire, the salon was given new equipment and even had a BSU offiicial donate new football jerseys for the wall.

They didn’t have insurance for their business and a competing salon opened in that space.

A year later the Raphino’s were invited in and are still able to work their trade and remain thankful that more wasn't lost in the Thanksgiving fire.