CALDWELL, Idaho — Idaho State Police investigated a multi-vehicle crash on Thursday night just after 7. The crash happened at exit 29 near Caldwell.
Christian N. Salgado, 28, of Nampa, was driving east in the westbound lanes. Salgado hit a 2017 Toyota Camry driven by Cristian Elorza, 23, of Ontario, Oregon.
A chain reaction occurred involving six other vehicles:
- 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse, driven by a juvenile.
- 2005 Chevrolet Malibu, driven by Christopher E. Rodriguez, 27, of Nampa.
- 2010 GMC Acadia, driven by, Edison A. Kyle , 40, of Boise.
- 2012 Mazda MZ3, driven by Cortney M. Hill, 32, of Middleton.
- 2015 Ford F150, driven by Jeffery T. Howard, 46, of Middleton.
- 1999 Honda Accord, driven by Geri E. Sawyer, 52 of Caldwell.
- 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt, driven by Robi D. Salisbury, 22 of Caldwell.
There were no injuries sustained in the crash and all drivers were wearing seatbelts. Both westbound lanes were blocked for around one hour. The right lane remained blocked for an additional 45 minutes.
Salgado was booked into the Canyon County Jail for Driving Under the Influence-Excessive and Open Containers of Alcohol.