NAMPA, Idaho — Nampa School District school are moving to online instruction on March 31 to comply with President Trump's "15-Days to Slow the Spread" plan. District and school offices will be open during normal office hours Starting March 30 to answer questions and assist students and families.
After spring break, teachers will use March 30 as a final preparation day before launching online teaching on March 31. Online teaching will continue for at least that week. After that. school officials will evaluate and make a plan on whether or not students can return to the classroom.
A grab-and-go school lunch program will also be put into effect on March 30 at bus stops in areas of high need. During the week of Monday, March 30, to Friday, April 3, all children ages 1 to 18, or their parent or guardian, can pick up a sack lunch. Grab-and-go sack lunch service will be available for children at the following school sites from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.:
- West Middle School, 28 S. Midland Blvd., Nampa, ID 83651
- Central Elementary, 1415 5th St., Nampa, ID 83651
- Centennial Elementary, 522 Mason Lane, Nampa, ID 83686
- Endeavor Elementary, 2824 E. Victory Rd., Nampa, ID 83687
- Iowa Elementary, 626 W. Iowa Ave., Nampa, ID 83686
- Sherman Elementary, 1521 E. Sherman Ave., Nampa, ID 83686
- Snake River Elementary, 500 Stampede Dr., Nampa, ID 83687
- Willow Creek Elementary, 198 N. Elementary Ln., Nampa, ID 83651
Sack lunches will also be delivered via school buses. Any child between the ages of 1 and 18, or their parent or guardian, may pick up a sack lunch at these stops. The school bus will remain at each stop for 10 minutes to hand out sack lunches before moving on to the next scheduled stop. You can find the schedule for all the bus stops here.
For families with no access to the Internet, all Nampa School District school buildings will have outdoor coverage for about 50 devices at a time by the March 31 online instruction launch. As a reminder, several providers including AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile are waiving data overage charges or late fees for the duration.