BOISE, Idaho — Faculty and student clinicians from Idaho State University will be administering free physical and dental exams on Thursday, March 12, 5-7:30 p.m. at Morley Nelson Elementary School, 7701 W. Northview Ave.
Exams are available for those 18 or older with limited access to healthcare or without health insurance.
Services will include the following:
• Blood pressure checks, medication reviews and disease education
• Oral/dental health evaluation and education
• Depression and alcohol screenings and questionnaires
• On-site testing for blood sugar levels, cholesterol, HIV and hepatitis C
• Hearing and eye screenings
• Nutrition assessments and recommendations
• Health education
• Traumatic brain injury screenings
The full screening takes 90 minutes. Patients in immediate need are given appointments at Treasure Valley clinics for additional care.
The Idaho Foodbank will also be at the school to provide free boxes of food for those in need.