Our friend Lori Renn couldn't make it in to the studio this year for a Super Bowl 50 food segment -- but she didn't leave us hanging either. Here's a great recipe to try out at your Super Bowl parties, straight from My Wicked Whisk.
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked to crispy and chopped up
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced small (leave the seeds and ribs in if you like it spicy!)
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Bread, crackers, chips or veggies for dipping
*Preheat the oven to 425°
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sour cream on low with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add the shredded cheese, cooked and chopped bacon, green onions, jalapeno, and dash of Worcestershire sauce. Mix well with a rubber spatula.
- Put the dip into a 1 quart oven-safe baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted throughout.
- Serve immediately with bread, crackers, chips or veggies.