Early Saturday morning, Boise firefighters responded to a fire at Brickyard Steakhouse, a restaurant in downtown Boise.
Fire Department officials say the fire started in the kitchen when a warming unit was left on. Wooden plates inside the warming unit were heated to the point that they caught fire. The sprinkler system was activated.
The fire originated in the warming unit which was left on from the previous night. Inside the warming unit were wooden plates which heated to the point they combusted and the fire spread up through the wall. pic.twitter.com/8ZzVhVRncN
— Boise Fire Dept. (@BoiseFire) October 13, 2018
Firefighters say there are smoke, water, and fire damages to both the steakhouse and another business, the Amsterdam Lounge, nearby.