Firefighters have listed fireworks as the preliminary cause of an early morning fire at an apartment complex near the corner of Lakeharbor Lane and State Street.
The fire was reported around 2:30 this morning. Boise Fire says it started on the second floor and when they got on scene they found heavy fire on the third floor.
One person was treated for breathing problems but was released at the scene.
Firefighters tell us many families have been displaced by the blaze. The building includes roughly 20 units and a battalion chief tells us a good portion of them are not fit to stay in now.
Nine engines, three trucks, plus additional resources including EMS and Boise Police all responded to the fire.
We have a crew on the scene and will bring you updates as we get them.