CANYON COUNTY, Idaho — Southwest District Health (SWDH) has seen an increase in confirmed COVID-19 cases in Canyon County and confirms detection of community spread. Community spread is when a point of origin for an infection cannot be specified, such as tracing it to travel or an individual.
As of 7 Thursday night, there were 22 cases in Canyon County. The first Canyon County COVID-19 case was announced on March 20. Public health officials continue to track the spread of COVID-19 and isolate anyone who came into contact with known cases. SWDH urges the public to take action and help slow the spread by following the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Stay-home order issued March 25 to stay and work from home as much as possible.
Those guidelines include:
- Keep six feet between yourself and everyone else at all times.
- Engage in work, schooling, and social interaction from home via technology.
- Avoid interacting with anyone outside your household unless you can keep at least six feet of space between you.
- Use drive-thru, pickup or delivery options as much as possible when getting food.
- Avoid all non-essential travel.
- Reschedule all social activities to take place via phone, video chats, or social media.