This year marks the College's 10th commencement. CWI says it's extremely proud to acknowledge and celebrate its graduates, as they help fuel the workforce and create an educated community. Degree and certificate graduates, along with GED completers, will be honored Friday.
Highlights of the 2019 ceremony include:
· 1,489 Degree and Certificate Candidates
· 2,081 Degree and Certificates earned
· 486 Graduates with Honors
· 348 Graduates with Multiple Degrees
· 146 Veteran Graduates
· Average Graduate GPA of 3.284
· 44 Associate of Arts degrees awarded to Dual Credit students
· 487 GED Candidates
· Youngest Graduate is 16 years old
· Oldest Graduate is 81 years old
In honor of this milestone, the City of Nampa is declaring a proclamation in honor of CWI celebrating 10 years of student success. Nampa Mayor Debbie Kling will read the proclamation from the Nampa Public Library Square at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, May 15. Officials from the College, as well as local business leaders, will be joining Mayor Kling for the celebration. The community is welcome to attend.
CWI's commencement begins at 7 p.m. Friday. CWI will provide free Spanish-English translation and hard of hearing devices for guests. Units are available at Lobby 1 and Lobby 2 of the Taco Bell Arena. Family and friends of graduates who cannot attend in-person can watch a live stream of the event on Facebook . Don't forget to share your success or congratulate your graduate with the hashtag #cwigraduation.