NAMPA, Idaho — The City of Nampa will begin chip sealing streets on June 1 and he work is estimated to be completed by early August. Chip sealing is a pavement maintenance practice that extends pavement life and improves driving surface. Chip sealing is about one-fourth to one-fifth the cost of a conventional asphalt overlay.
This year, eight arterial road sections and 19 subdivisions will be chip sealed. Arterials will be chip sealed before subdivisions with the first arterial road being Greenhurst Rd. from Midland Blvd. to Lake Ave. followed by W. Iowa Ave. from Midland Blvd. to Midway Rd.
Important reminders for drivers and residents
- The speed zone in chip zones areas is 20 mph.
- Please help keep workers safe. Be mindful of crews working in chip seal areas.
- Parking on streets during the chip seal process is prohibited from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Once signage is removed, street parking may be resumed. Every attempt will be made to notify owners of vehicles parked in the right-of-way prior to towing.
Along with standard safety practices, City staff will also be practicing prevention measures relating to COVID-19. Any sick individuals will remain home, physical distancing will be observed whenever possible, protective masks will be made available to staff and extra precautions will be taken pertaining to vehicle use. We ask the public to please practice physical distancing if interacting with any staff.
2020 CHIP SEALING SCHEDULE
- Greenhurst Road from Midland to the Lake
- West Iowa Avenue from Midland to Midway
- Lake Lowell Avenue from Midland to City Limits West of Middleton
- Lake Lowell Avenue from Midland to 12th Avenue South
- West Roosevelt Avenue from Midland to 11th Avenue South
- Blaine from Midland to Canyon
- Midland from Greenhurst Road to Lonestar Road
- Canyon from Lonestar Road to Lake Lowell Avenue
- Spring Valley Subdivision
- Fall River Estates
- Victory Subdivision
- Willow Creek Subdivision
- Creekside Subdivision
- Resk Country Estates
- South Creek Subdivision
- Heartland Subdivision
- Lake Grove Subdivision
- Wigles Subdivision
- Dallan Woods Subdivision
- Moads Subdivision
- Parsons Subdivision
- Hawthorne Subdivision
- Roosevelt Subdivision
- Meadow Creek Subdivision
- Middle Creek Subdivision
- West Creek Subdivision
- Aspen Grove Subdivision