MERIDIAN, Idaho — The Meridian Parks and Recreation Department invites the community to a block party just for them! The 10th annual Meridian Community Block Party is on Saturday, September 7.
This free family event will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Julius M. Kleiner Memorial Park. The Meridian Community Block Party unites businesses and organizations that promote healthy lifestyles, develop community and inspire creativity. The event will feature a variety of games, crafts, and live entertainment, along with many local vendors.
Highlights of this year’s event include:
- The Boise Co-Op Kids’ Corner
- A free Inflatable Jungle and rock climbing wall for kids to climb, jump and slide
- First Idaho Regional Robotics will show off their latest robots from their first Idaho Robotics Competition. Six Idaho teams will be on-site to demonstrate and share their creations.
- The Westside Body Works Grub Hub Food Court features Caribbean Cuisine from Caribbean A3 Catering, smoked meats from Dickey’s BBQ and Thai ice cream from Hokey Pokey.
- A huge variety of youth service providers including lacrosse, dance, disc golf tutoring services.
- Entertainment all day on the Goddard School Main Stage.
New this year, the City has added a special "Bark Party" section devoted to dogs! Well-behaved dogs on a leash are welcome to come pick out new handmade collars, homemade treats, meet new groomers and get photos taken. Families looking for a new four-legged buddy can visit with the foster and adoption organizations.