BOISE, Idaho — Few people enjoy doing their taxes, but you can take steps to make the process as smooth as possible.
Here are some tips from the Idaho State Tax Commission:
1. Don't file your return before you've received all your W-2s or other required information. You can file an amended return to add this missing information, but it can delay your refund by weeks or months.
2. Review your return for accuracy before sending it. Missing or unclear information can delay your refund by months.
- Check or correct Social Security numbers
- Verify banking information if using direct deposit
- E-filers: Make sure you enter your W-2 information correctly
- Paper filers: Make sure you include your W-2s and your federal return
3. E-file the tax return and use direct deposit to get the fastest possible refund. Also, provide your driver’s license or identity card number when you e-file to help your refund process faster.
4. If you receive a letter from the Tax Commission asking for information, respond to it quickly so your refund can continue processing.
You can find even more tips here.