NewsTreasure Valley

Actions

Boise house fire leaves one man dead

Officials have ruled the fire accidental
One dead in Boise house fire
Posted at 12:58 PM, Dec 15, 2018
and last updated 2018-12-17 18:09:57-05

BOISE, Idaho — A man is dead after house fire early Saturday morning in downtown Boise.

Boise Fire officials say crews responded to the 600 block of East Jefferson Street around 1:33 a.m. Saturday.

"When crews arrived, the home was heavily involved in fire," a press release stated.

Neighbors alerted responding firefighters that it was likely someone was inside the home. Crews were able to pull the man out and he was transported to a hospital where he later died as a result of the fire.

The victim has been identified as 69 years old, Robert Records and the cause of death is listed as thermal injures and inhalation of combustion products.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental due to improper disposal of smoking materials.