Nampa waiving some permit fees to support local businesses

Posted at 4:10 PM, May 22, 2020
and last updated 2020-05-22 18:10:21-04

NAMPA, Idaho — The Nampa City Council unanimously voted May 18 to temporarily waive the cost of certain permit fees to support business recovery in Nampa.

“I’m very pleased to receive unanimous support from the Nampa City Council members to waive specific license fees to help our small businesses get going again. The goal is to remove hurdles and provide a simple solution during this time. Our small businesses are vital to our economy and we want to see them succeed,” said Mayor Kling.

To reduce the spread of coronavirus, the Idaho Rebounds plan places additional capacity and spacing limitations on restaurants and other businesses. To assist businesses, the temporary parking use permit fee has been temporarily waived for the next six months. This allows businesses to expand capacity beyond their interior space. Additional city or state regulations which apply to outdoor food and alcohol service, including ADA requirements for public access, must be followed.

A catering permit is required for businesses wishing to serve alcohol off-premise or outside of their licensed establishment, not on their own property, and the fee to obtain it has been waived for the next six months. For more information on catering permits, visit

Fees for peddler licenses (also known as solicitor licenses), used by food trucks, local pest control, landscaping and other companies, have been waived for the next three months. Peddler licenses also require a background check every two years; fees associated with required background checks have not been waived.

While the cost of these permits are temporarily waived, businesses are still required to obtain permits through the clerk’s office online (, via email ( or phone (208-468-5415). Downtown businesses wanting to expand into an outdoor footprint for retail or food/beverage onto city-owned parking spaces may contact Main Street Manager Jay Snyder by emailing or calling (208) 468-5419.