News

Actions

Woman dies following Boise house fire

Posted at 12:19 PM, Apr 13, 2020
and last updated 2020-04-13 14:19:41-04

BOISE, Idaho — An 80-year-old woman has died from injuries suffered during a house fire, authorities said.

The fire at a home in the 300-0 blocks of Kingsland Way in Boise started around 7:30 p.m. Friday, according to the Boise Fire Department.

Authorities did not immediately identity the victim, who was initially transported to a local hospital with burns and later transferred to another medical facility in the state where she died.

Another woman inside the home at the time suffered smoke inhalation, but the 53-year-old did not require transport to a hospital, authorities said.

The fire was caused by smoking while using medical oxygen, according to the Fire Department’s social media post.

The fire was under control in about twenty minutes, but the house was completely destroyed, authorities said.

(by Associated Press)