The Caldwell "Winter Wonderland" holiday lights display will be up and running beginning this weekend.
The event will run Nov. 20-22 to help disperse crowds over three days, according to Destination Caldwell. The lights will be on from 6-10 p.m. Friday through Sunday in downtown Caldwell, with more than one million lights along a 6-block stretch of Indian Creek.
Opening weekend activities also include ice skating at Indian Creek Plaza, carolers, food trucks and vendors throughout the downtown. Santa will also be there and available for no-contact photos outside the Train Depot.
All activities are free to attend, however normal ice skating fees for one hour sessions apply during the event.
“Winter Wonderland is a great event that brings attention to and supports our downtown businesses,” said Keri Smith, CEO of Destination Caldwell in a statement. “Last year approximately 15,000 people visited the Winter Wonderland light display on opening night, and we knew drawing such a large crowd to our downtown this year would be unsafe. We hope creating a three-day event disperses people over three days and alleviates the crowds.”
Destination Caldwell and the City recommend following guidelines to stay safe at the event:
- Recommend patrons wear face coverings and gloves
- Place COVID-19 information at event area entrances
- Place social distancing reminders in the main event activity areas
- Offer hand sanitizer throughout the main event activity areas
- Create ‘Wait Here’ markings placed at 6 ft intervals to ensure safe distancing in line