News

Actions

Vape pen explodes in St. Luke's employee's purse

Posted at 4:07 PM, Nov 21, 2019
and last updated 2019-11-21 18:07:16-05

BOISE, Idaho — St. Luke's is asking patients to leave their vape pens at home after one exploded in an employee's purse.

The explosion of the vape batteries burned the employee's purse and jacket while she was in the parking lot. A nearby security guard came to her aid and she suffered no injuries, but the incident has made the hospital reevaluate how they deal with the increasingly popular devices.

St. Luke's isn't banning the devices, but is asking employees and patients to leave the vape pens at home from now on.