BOISE, Idaho — The Boise School District announced Tuesday the USDA has extended the waiver to provide free meals to children ages one to 18 years old. One breakfast and one lunch per child per day will be available to all children immediately.
This includes children receiving meals in their neighborhood schools, attending full-time online school and children who are too young to attend school. The service will be available through December 2020 or until the funds run out.
Starting September 21, Grab & Go Curbside Meals will be available Monday through Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the following locations:
- Timberline High School - bus loop off of Apple St.
- North Jr High School - parking lot off of Fort St.; outside of cafeteria
- South Jr High School - front of the building (parent pick-up route)
- West Jr High School - front of the building (parent pick-up route)
- Hillside Jr High School - the roundabout outside of the new cafeteria
- Riverglen Jr High School - front of the building (parent pick-up route)
- Fairmont Jr High School - parking lot at the entrance to the school
Children do not need to be present, the meals can be picked up by a parent or guardian. Meals are intended to be eaten off-site and will be served sack style on a first-come, first-served basis. Locations and times of pick up may change.
If your child requires special meal accommodations, please contact the Boise School District Food & Nutrition Service Office at 208-854-4067 to make arrangements. For more information on the curbside meals, click here.