Thousands of people will be headed to Ann Morrison Park this weekend for the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic. The Classic kicks off bright and early this morning with the Cap-Ed Kids Day. Tethered flights are expected to start around 7:15.
If you miss the balloons this morning, you have until Sunday to check them out. Friday is the annual Nite Glow event, where the balloons will light up the night sky in the park to music.
Over forty balloons are expected to be at the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic this year. Fan favorites Tick-Tock and Speedy will be there this year. The event is free to attend, and all flights are dependent on the weather.
Some tips for the event if it's your first time going:
- Always dress for the chilly morning weather
- Ask to take pictures next to balloons or with the pilots. Most will be happy to take a picture with you, but ask for permission first
- Leave your furry friends at home. The noise from the balloons can hurt their ears
- It's acceptable to bring your lawn chairs, but if you are asked to move, please do so
- Absolutely no drones due to FAA regulations
You can find a schedule of events and more information on the Spirit of Boise website.