The city of Rexburg has settled a lawsuit with the family of an infant who was burned by paramedics.
The Rexburg Standard Journal reports Londyn Porter suffered second-degree burns in August, 2014, when a paramedic applied a Rapid Heat bag on a foil blanket covering the baby. The pack quickly reached 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
Officials say paramedics had run out of the heating bag they normally used and instead used the Rapid Heat bag, which they may not have known heated so quickly.
The Madison County Fire Department has since discarded its Rapid Heat bags.
Last week, city officials announced they had settled the lawsuit as well as created what they are calling the "Londyn Porter Policy" which requires all fire department personnel be trained in the uses of heat packs.
(by Associated Press)