BOISE, Idaho — The City of Boise’s three-day community wide celebration in honor of the Boise River Greenbelt’s 50th anniversary is coming up Sept. 19-21.
Several free events are now open for registration that are designed to honor the pathway and encourage community engagement, recreation and entertainment along the Greenbelt.
Thursday, Sept. 19
- Kickoff Event at the Historic Egyptian Theater
- Mayor Bieter hosts an evening program that honors the Greenbelt’s past and the leaders who continue to shape its future. A reception with light food and a no-host bar will take place in the lobby from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. with the program to follow. Tickets are free and open to the public.
Friday, Sept. 20
- Shoreline Park Time Capsule Unveiling
- Mayor Bieter and the Boise City Council will unearth a time capsule at 10:30 a.m. that was buried on the Greenbelt’s 30th anniversary in 1999. The event will also include a bench dedication by the Capital City Kiwanis Club.
- Walking and Biking Tours Along the Greenbelt
- A series of free tours will be offered on the hour from noon until 5 p.m. Registration is required, and each tour will be limited to 25 people.
You can find more information about the walking tour registration at boiseartsandhistory.org and the bike tour registration at boiseartsandhistory.org.
Saturday, Sept. 21
- “Boise Goes the Extra Mile” Run/Walk
- Join Boise Parks and Recreation and Boise State University for a one-mile fun run/walk along the Greenbelt from the BSU campus to Ann Morrison Park. This free event will feature a pre-party at Extra Mile Arena (formerly Taco Bell Arena) starting at 9 a.m. The opening ceremony will start around 10:30 a.m. with running and walking heats hitting the Greenbelt in waves after. Participants will get a free T-shirt at the pre-party while supplies last. All ages and abilities are welcome! Sign-up to run or walk at eventbrite.com
- Evening jazz concert in Ann Morrison Park
- Party and food truck rally in Ann Morrison Park
For more on the Greenbelt’s 50th anniversary, click here .