News

Actions

One man hospitalized, two dogs killed in Boise house fire sparked by lightning

Posted: 4:24 PM, Oct 19, 2019
Updated: 2019-10-19 20:26:12-04

BOISE, Idaho — A man was hospitalized and two pet dogs died in a fire Saturday afternoon, according to the Boise Fire Department.

It happened shortly after noon Saturday on the 600 block of N Troutner Way in Boise.

Witnesses say the house caught fire after being struck by lightning.

"After an investigation, this fire did result from a lightning strike," Boise Fire tweeted. "The energy transfer ignited combustible materials in the down stairs study causing multiple fire starts."

The man was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. A woman on scene was also evaluated.