Official: Lithium battery may have started BSU fire

Posted at 1:22 PM, Dec 05, 2016
and last updated 2016-12-05 15:22:43-05

Officials say a lithium battery might have started a fire that partially destroyed a modular office building at Boise State University over the weekend.

State Fire Marshal Knute Sandahl tells the Idaho Statesman investigators are closely looking at the recharging of a lithium battery.

The fire on Saturday destroyed part of an office building and damaged equipment that's part of the school's robotics lab.

Sandahl didn't have a damage estimate, but predicted it would be in the tens of thousands of dollars.

There were no reports of injuries.

(by Associated Press)