It's been six years since Culver's introduced a new custard flavor. On Thursday, they announced six new flavors coming soon on their website.
The flavors will come out each month, starting on May 10 with Cappuccino Cookie Crumble and going all the way through October.
Here's a list of the new flavors and the descriptions on Culver's website:
- Cappuccino Cookie Crumble: "Rich espresso Fresh Frozen Custard swirled with crushed sugar cookies and novelty chocolate."
- Blackberry Cobbler: "Ripe blackberries and crunchy cinnamon granola crumble swirled with Vanilla Fresh Frozen Custard."
- Chocolate Pretzel Crunch: "Creamy Vanilla Fresh Frozen Custard swirled with novelty chocolate and ribbons of old fashioned salted caramel and chopped of Bavarian pretzels."
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough: "Peanut Butter Fresh Frozen Custard with roasted peanuts swirled with chocolate chip cookie dough pieces."
- Dark Chocolate Decadence: "Premium blend of cocoas for the ultimate chocolate experience."
- Peanut Butter Salted Caramel: "Peanut Butter Fresh Frozen Custard with roasted peanuts and ribbons of old fashioned salted caramel."
With the six additional flavors, Culver's is up to 54 flavor of the day combinations.
For lovers of a specific flavor, that could be bad news. On average, each flavor will now only appear 6.7 times per year, down from 7.6 times.
But more custard is never really bad news.
Flavor of the Day has been a Culver's tradition ever since the restaurant opened their doors in Sauk County. Each restaurant attempts to feature a different flavor of the day.