Wahooz Family Fun Zone is set to start construction in a few months on a 17,000 square foot, four-story expansion. What’s being called the Indoor Adventure Park at Wahooz will feature seven new attractions. “Many are brand-new to southern Idaho and will offer exciting and unique entertainment experiences to our guests,” said Wahooz, Pinz and Roaring Springs Waterpark Marketing Director Tiffany Quilici.
“We travelled the country looking for the newest, most fun and exciting attractions in the family entertainment industry to bring to the Treasure Valley,” said Wahooz, Pinz and Roaring Springs Waterpark CEO Pat Morandi.
The addition will be connected to the front of Wahooz and Pinz, creating the area’s largest indoor family entertainment space -- at over 70,000 square feet.
The multi-million dollar project is scheduled to open by November of this year.
The Russell Corporation is leading the project, which will create an estimated 400 construction-related jobs and 30 permanent jobs at Wahooz.
Featured attractions include:
* Dueling Laser Mazes (opens March 1 in Wahooz Arcade): Players can navigate through a room filled with green lasers, racing a competitor, while trying not to break a beam.
* The Twister: A amusement ride with eight swinging capsules that hold four passengers each. The entire ride rotates, lifts and tilts, while riders spin the capsules themselves to create the ride they want.
* The Frog Hopper: Seven riders will ascend 16-feet into the air, then bounce down this miniature drop tower.
* Sky Trail Ropes Course: A three-story high ropes course that will allow climbers to explore new heights as they maneuver through 34 challenges. A second Sky Tykes Course is just three feet off the ground.
* Clip ‘N Climb: eIght climbing challenges in unique shapes, colors and textures.
* Ballocity: A four-level play structure with interactive vacuums and blasters that propel, throw and dump up to 50,000 foam balls. Plus climbing tubes, slides, bridges and obstacles.
* Bumper Cars: These futuristic bumper cars provide a hover-like ride while bumping and spinning 360 degrees.