Man injured in natural gas explosion in Boise

Posted at 7:49 AM, Jan 05, 2018
and last updated 2018-01-05 09:49:36-05

A Boise man was injured and taken to the hospital this morning after a natural gas explosion in his home on North Riviera Drive off of State Street.  
According to a Boise Fire Department investigator, the man was cooking last night and possibly forgot to turn off his gas stove.  
The man woke up to the smell of gas just before 3 a.m. and tried to turn off the stove and that’s when it ignited.  

We're told he suffered minor injuries in the incident.