News

Actions

Unconscious man pulled from apartment fire

Posted at 4:39 AM, Jan 06, 2016
and last updated 2016-01-06 08:44:30-05

A man is in the hospital this morning after fire crews pulled him, unconscious, from his burning apartment in Boise.

The fire started at the Latah Village apartments late Tuesday night. Everyone in the 12-unit apartment building had to be evacuated because fire crews feared the blaze would spread.

Witnesses say they saw smoke and fire coming out of the window of the victim's home.

"My wife looked out the window and saw the fire so I ran out and smashed the glass on the fire extinguisher and went out to try and put the air conditioner out that was on fire," William Delka said.

Boise firefighters found the man unconscious on the floor and tried to resuscitate him before taking him to Saint Alphonsus. We don't know his condition this morning, but firefighters say he never regained consciousness before they got him to the hospital.

Only one apartment was damaged. Everyone who was evacuated has been let back into their homes.

Boise Fire ruled the fire accidental and caused improper disposal of cigarettes.