Winter break is here for Treasure Valley students, and kids can still stay on track with learning even during vacation.
Mark Plummer, a teacher with INSPIRE Connections Academy, recommends a few ways for families to sneak in a lesson in a fun way.
- Discuss holiday shopping. Learn about available cash, discounts, etc.
- Work on directions and reading maps as you're traveling.
- Explore the science of weather. Kids can measure snow totals, monitor the temperature and present their own weather forecast at home.
- Bake or cook with kids and work on fractions and measurements.
- Put a bird feeder outside and get a bird guide from your local library to learn more about the birds that come visit.
- Look for authors who specialize in winter themes, or read a book set in winter. Kids can write their own winter themed stories.
- Work on an art project, incorporating snow flakes and snow themes.
For more information and other ideas visit: www.connectionsacademy.com