Village Cinema announced Wednesday it will reopen its doors to moviegoers beginning Aug. 21.
The theater, located in the Village at Meridian, announced it will reopen with "enhanced cleaning and sanitizing protocols" to prevent the spread of coronavirus in the theater. In the early days of reopening, Village Cinema plans to show previously released movies and fan favorites as well as new early releases.
In order to keep guests safe, the theater will adhere to the following precautions:
- Each Employee will undergo a health screening prior to reporting for duty and will wear face masks and gloves at all times.
- All public high-touch surfaces throughout the building will be routinely pretreated with a non-toxic microbe shield to eradicate all viral and bacterial organisms. In addition, our staff will thoroughly sanitize every 30 minutes and between show times in auditoriums. (All products used have been identified by the EPA to be effective in eliminating COVID-19.)
- Acrylic screens at all cash registers.
- Reserved Seating and Advance Ticket purchasing through our website and new mobile app will allow guests to safely avoid interactions at our box office and ticket-taker stands upon entering.
- Smaller Auditoriums will be reserved to offer private screenings for small groups or families who are wanting additional social distancing at an incredibly low price.
- All locations will reopen initially with reduced operating hours and staggered showtimes to maximize physical distancing while entering and exiting the common areas. This will also allow for more time for deep cleaning of each auditorium between show times.
- For additional assurance, there will be hand sanitizer stations available for customer use.
- Auditoriums will have limited capacities (50% occupancy) in accordance with local ordinances. To easily facilitate this, two seats adjacent to a guests seat selection will automatically be blocked upon ticket purchase to ensure 6’ distancing.
- In accordance with CDC recommendations, guests will be strongly encouraged to wear face masks during their visit unless they are eating or drinking.
- Guests who are not feeling well are asked to stay home, and Cinema West will readily provide a full ticket refund.
- There will be plenty of in-theater signage to help guide our guests to practice proper physical distancing.
Fan-favorite films showing the first week of reopening will include "Empire Strikes Back,""Goonies,""Back to the Future," and more. Adult movie tickets will be $5 and $3 for children and seniors every day for re-released films.