It's national cheese lover's day and what better way to celebrate than by making a few recipes at home. The Idaho Dairy Council visited Good Morning Idaho this morning and shared a few recipes.
Recipe #1: Beer-Cheese Fondue Recipe
1 (8 oz.) package of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 (8 oz.) package of shredded swiss cheese
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. paprika
*1 (12 oz.) bottle lager-style beer
1. Combine the cheeses, flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a large mixing bowl. Slice the garlic clove in half and rub the bottom and the sides of a fondue pot or medium saucepan with the cut sides of the garlic.
2. Bring the beer to a simmer in the fondue pot over low heat. Gradually add the cheese mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously until well blended and smooth. Keep at a low simmer; do now allow the fondue to boil rapidly.
3. Stir in the mustard and hot sauce. Keep the pot over a very low flame to serve.
*Tip: Non-alcoholic beer works just fine
Recipe #2: Cheese Lover's Pizza Squares
15 min. prep + 18 min. bake
1 (13.8 oz.) tube refrigerated pizza dough
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 ounces diced pepperoni
2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
1 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
2. Press the pizza dough into a 15-by-10-inch baking pan.
3. Bake the crust for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread the ricotta cheese on the crust. Top with the mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, tomatoes, bell pepper, and oregano.
4. Return to the oven and bake for another 6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with the parsley.
5. Cut into squares and serve!