A family is without a home after a fire in Meridian Sunday.
The house erupted in flames earlier today near Blackcat road and Franklin.
A woman and her child were inside the house when they smelled smoke.
They were able to get all of the animals out of the home before it became engulfed in flames.
Everyone was able to make it out safely.
The house is a total loss and the family didn't have renters insurance.
They were able to retrieve a few items from the home.
The family said they never expected it to happen to them, but they did seems to have a good attitude about the whole situation.
If you would like to help the family out, a GoFundMe account has been set up.