News

Actions

Family safe after fire damages Nampa garage

KIVI-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 10:21 PM, Jan 01, 2016
and last updated 2016-01-02 00:25:57-05

A Nampa family is safe after fire crews responded to a 2-alarm structure fire Friday evening, on S. Honey Drive.

Crews say the fire heavily damaged a garage, but a family inside the house was able to make it out safely. 

Firefighters say a 19-year-old male slipped on the ice in the commotion. 

He was taken to the hospital, as a precaution, for smoke inhalation. 

No word yet on what started the fire.