NAMPA – Nampa police are investigating the Christmas Eve deaths of an elderly married couple. Police said an 88-year old man and a 90-year old woman were found dead Thursday evening on the 500 block of West Cornwall Drive.
A Nampa Fire Department reading showed high levels of Carbon Monoxide in the home; once the home was ventilated and safe to enter officers conducted an investigation. Police said there were no signs of foul play or suspicious circumstances, and ruled the couple’s death an accident.
They said it appears the couple left something turned on, but did not specify what was left on. The Nampa Police Department said in a press release they “would like to stress the importance of carbon monoxide sensors in homes. Tragedies like this could possibly be avoided with the use of the sensors.”
The Canyon County Coroner will release the official cause of death. Nampa police have not released their names pending notification of relatives.