Actions

Early morning apartment fire in Boise

KIVI-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 4:12 AM, May 29, 2017
and last updated 2017-05-30 09:58:30-04

UPDATE:

The Boise Fire Department has confirmed a fire at the Curtis Meadow Apartments on Monday morning was sparked by improperly disposed cigarette butts. 

ORIGINAL STORY: 

Several families are displaced after an apartment caught on fire early Monday morning in Boise.

There are no reported injuries, but six families have been displaced this morning. The Boise Fire Department was called to the fire just after 1:30 in the morning. A Boise fire captain says they were concerned about the fire escalating in the apartment unit so they called for more resources.

Firefighters were able to get water in the fire and put it out quickly and safely. Damage is confined to two of the units. The Boise fire captain says the fire also damaged one of Idaho Power's transformers. 

Two families are displaced exclusively because of the fire, and four are displaced because of a power outage. The fire investigator says he believes the fire was started by a cigarette.