News

Actions

Dog injured in house fire discharged from vet

Dog injured in house fire discharged from vet
Dog injured in house fire discharged from vet
Dog injured in house fire discharged from vet
Dog injured in house fire discharged from vet
Dog injured in house fire discharged from vet
Dog injured in house fire discharged from vet
Posted at 4:12 PM, Dec 15, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-15 18:12:54-05

A dog found inside of a burning home in downtown Boise has been released from WestVet Animal Hospital and is recovering with his family.

Guinness, a black Labrador retriever, was found at a burning home on the corner of Jefferson Street and 21st Street by the Boise Fire Department.

Guinness was transported and had to receive fluids through an IV.

He was also placed on oxygen with badly burned corneas.

A GoFundMe account was set up and over $8,000 has been raised for bills.

Dr. Andrea Oncken released the following statement on the condition of Guinness:

“Guinness went home yesterday with good eyesight. He has bilateral corneal ulcers, secondary to burns that are healing well with treatment. Guinness was discharged doing well, other than a residual cough, which is likely from a combination of clearing up the remaining smoke particles and secondary pneumonia as well as likely some healing tracheal burn.  All of this is reversible, so his long term prognosis is excellent. We don't expect any long term complications as long as his corneas and lungs don't get any secondary infections.”

Guinness's owners were not home at the time of the fire which may have been started by faulty wiring in the kitchen.