CALDWELL — Fire department crews were called to 5200 Midway Road in Caldwell about 2:20 p.m. Tuesday for a report of multiple structures on fire. The three-alarm fire quickly made its way through roughly four structures in a mobile home community.
Michael Fivecoat was in the area near his girlfriend's home when he said he noticed smoke coming from her shed-- sending him into action with a garden hose before crews arrived.
"I went into the house, I made sure there was no dogs or anybody left in there. Ran back outside, grabbed the garden hose, and started spraying her shed and the house to keep it from catching fire. And then the fire department [had] seen that the shed was on fire, aimed the fire hose, and helped me take it out and backed out of there," said Fivecoat.
Fivecoat said he witnessed the flames then quickly spread to another shed, then to a trailer house, and on to another house's porch.
Officials have not yet released the official cause of fire, but another witness said they believe it was ignited by a burn barrel.
About fifteen firefighting agencies from across the valley were on scene, including Nampa, Caldwell, Wilder, Parma and Eagle. Officials believe nobody was hurt or hospitalized.
Drivers are asked to avoid the area.