Crews knockdown early-morning fire in Boise's North End

Posted at 5:33 AM, Sep 15, 2017
and last updated 2017-09-18 09:45:00-04

Crews made quick work of a fire near a home in Boise's North End this morning.

It started around 3:45 a.m. near the corner of 14th and Washington.

A homeowner made it out of his home safely after the building next to it caught on fire. The Boise Fire Department says the structure, built in the early 1900's, was originally a stable and later converted into a game room.

Once firefighters arrived on scene they were able to quickly put the fire out, preventing it from reaching the home. The fire was contained to the outside of the building. The inside does have some smoke and water damage. Nobody was injured.

The Boise Fire Department says it was human caused and it appears a piece of cardboard was ignited causing the fire.