News

Actions

Coroner: S. Idaho woman died before house fire

KIVI-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 12:02 PM, Mar 29, 2016
and last updated 2016-03-29 14:02:47-04

RUPERT, Idaho (AP) -- Authorities in south-central Idaho say a woman whose body was found in a burned home likely died of a heart attack before her cigarette caught the house on fire.

The Minidoka County coroner says 77-year-old Sue Arlynn Maggard was found in her home after a fire on Thursday and was identified through dental records.

Coroner Lucky Bourn tells The Times-News (http://bit.ly/1RxlJrq) in a story on Tuesday that Maggard had a known history of smoking cigarettes in bed.

The state fire marshal says a lit cigarette caused the fire.