NewsCommunityVista SemanalLocal


Boise Firefighter and local family have a unique connection after he comes to their rescue

Posted at 6:19 PM, Dec 22, 2018
and last updated 2018-12-22 20:23:40-05

BOISE, Idaho — A Boise Firefighter came to the rescue of a local family not once, but twice.

A firefighter from Station 8 named Chris first helped the Rogerson family back in 2015, when a chimney fire started in the family's home. Chris, an avid hunter, was even able to save the family's treasured deer mount!

A year later, Chris came to the rescue again when Austin Rogerson, who is deathly allergic to tree nuts, accidentally ate an energy bar with cashews in it. When Rogerson woke up after recovering from severe anaphylaxis, Chris was there. Rogerson says he thanks the Boise Fire Department and other first responders from the bottom of his heart, and has an "unsurpassed respect for our first responders."