NAMPA, Ida. — The City of Nampa is planning a Memorial Day Ceremony to honor men and women who have served the country, as well as those who have sacrificed their lives for freedom.
The one-hour ceremony kicks off at 10 a.m. on Monday, May 27, at the Veteran's Loop of Kohlerlawn Cemetery, located at 76 6th Street North in Nampa. Lieutenant Colonel Bobby Sanchez (Ret.) will deliver the keynote speech.
Parking will be available in designated areas. For more information, call (208) 468-5797.
The following is the text of the attached program:
- Welcome – David Ferdinand
- Bag Pipes – Lloyd Blackstone, joined by Nampa American Legion Commander, Veterans, Troop 112 Honor Guard, Gem State Young Marines, and Legion Riders
- Placement of Flags around the gravesite of "The Unknown" – Legion Riders
- Presentation of the Colors and Pledge of Allegiance – Troop 112 Honor Guard
- National Anthem – Patti Syme
- Opening Prayer – Sandi Levi
- The History of the American Legion – David Parmentier
- Special Music – Obadiah Neasham
- Keynote Speaker – LTC Bobby Sanchez (Ret)
- Laying of the Wreath – Ee-dah-how Chapter of the DAR
- Three Guns of Volley – Firing Party Detail Nampa Police Department
- Taps – SGT Larre Robertson
- Closing Prayer – Mayor Debbie Kling
- Laying of the Wreath – Joseph H. Murray Post 18