News

Actions

Child playing in shed starts fire

KIVI-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 1:36 PM, Apr 14, 2016
and last updated 2016-04-14 15:36:58-04

GOODING, Idaho (AP) -- A fire that destroyed an Idaho home was started by a child playing in a shed.

The Times-News reports that Gooding Fire Department Chief Brandon Covey says firefighters began battling the blaze Wednesday and needed three hours to knock down the flames.

Covey says nobody was hurt, but five people who lived in the home were displaced. The Red Cross of Idaho is helping the family.

Covey says the child was playing with some sort of fire in a shed and accidentally started the blaze.