Chemical explosion in Boise State lab, no major injuries

Posted at 6:04 PM, Jan 18, 2017
and last updated 2017-01-19 00:48:47-05
Boise City firefighters, EMS and HAZMAT crews remain on scene at Boise State University after reports of a chemical spill. 
Boise Fire officials say the call came in at 5:29pm for a chemical exposure incident.
Nitric acid and isopropyl alcohol mixed and caused a small explosion under the hood in the lab. Three students were placed in showers for decontamination and eight others are being evaluated by Ada County EMS.
Crews are still on scene handling clean up. 
A BroncoAlert informed students about the incident shortly after reading, "An emergency situation is in progress at the Science/Education building. Stay clear. Updates to follow."
No serious injuries have been reported at this time. Crews are working to keep the area clear.