BOISE, Idaho — The candidate filing period for state and county offices is now open for candidates running in the May 19th Primary Election and November 3rd General Election.
Candidates must file a declaration of candidacy for the following state and county races by March 13th at 5 p.m.:
- United States Senator
- United States Representative
- Idaho Supreme Court Justice
- Idaho Court of Appeals Judge
- Idaho State Senate
- Idaho State Representative
- County Commissioner, District 1
- County Commissioner, District 2
- County Sheriff
- County Prosecuting Attorney
- Precinct Committee Persons
- Magistrate Judges
Candidates for statewide office must file with the Idaho Secretary of State’s Office. Candidates for County offices must file with the County Clerk. Independents who are running for office in the November 3rd General Election must file by the March 13th deadline.
Updated information on candidate filings for Ada County offices can be found here.