The Boise School District trustees voted unanimously (7-0) Monday night to approve the 2018-2019 school year calendar --following what officials called an extensive public feedback process.
The approved calendar preserves a later August school start date, while still ending the first semester prior to the Winter Holiday Break.
"We feel that this calendar meets the educational needs of our students and supports our many programs," said Board President Nancy Gregory. "We are grateful to the parents, patrons, staff and students who actively engaged in the nearly six-month long conversation regarding the school calendar through face-to-face focus groups, online surveys and direct communication with District representatives."
Highlights of the Board-approved 2018-19 School Year Calendar include:
• August 20th: First Day of School - Early Release K-12
• October 19th: End of First Quarter - Elementary K-6 No School
• November 19th - 23rd: Thanksgiving Holiday Break - No School K-12
• December 21st: End of First Semester - Early Release K-6
• December 24th - January 4th: Winter Holiday Break - No School K-12
• March 15th: End of Third Quarter - Early Release K-6
• March 18th - 22nd: Spring Break - No School K-12
• May 24th: Last Day of School - Early Release K-12