BOISE, Idaho — All Boise Public Library locations will reopen with specific hours and limited capacity on September 28. A news release says the community is encouraged to continue using curbside hold pick up to get physical materials like books, DVDs or video games to minimize contact.
In-person browsing hours will be offered to allow for an additional option to access materials. Computer access will still be offered on an appointment basis, and walk-in hours have been expanded to allow for more access.
“With a wide variety of safety protocols in place, we are confident that we can expand services on a limited basis while keeping both our staff and community healthy and safe,” said Interim Director Kristine Miller. “We recognize that there may be folks in our community who are not able to access our resources digitally, so we felt it was important to offer some in-person browsing hours to better meet the needs of our community.”
Each location’s capacity varies, and visitors may be asked to wait outside if the capacity limit is reached. There will be someone to greet visitors at the entrance with more information about the capacity and the safety protocols in place. For those visiting the Library in person, the following safety protocols will be required at each facility:
- Physical distancing (maintaining a 6-foot distance from others)
- Face coverings /masks worn over the nose and mouth
- Keep hands and surfaces clean (hand sanitizer will be available at each location)
- Browsing time limited to 20 minutes or less (computer use to 45 minutes). There is a limited capacity allowed in the building, so brief visits allow more people to access services
Starting on September 28, the updated service hours will be as follows:
Curbside Hold Pickup
Curbside hold pickup will continue to be available from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday at all locations.
There will be a limited number of computer appointments available during computer walk-in hours (see below). Additionally, computer appointments will be available during the following hours at certain locations:
- Library! at Cole & Ustick from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday and 10 a.m. To 2 p.m. on Saturday
- Library! at Hillcrest from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday
Browsing and Computer Walk-in Hours
A limited number of customers will be allowed in during the following hours:
- Main Library from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday and 10 am. to 2 p.m. on Saturday
- Neighborhood Branches from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday
In-person programming and meeting room reservations are not available at this time. Book donations cannot be accepted until further notice.